You may have noticed that all our products are infused with a caffeine flavour of some kind whether it be espresso coffee, black tea or green tea. So what's up with all the caffeine?
Well, caffeine is a natural stimulant for the skin as well as a heavenly scent. Incorporating caffeine in your skincare routine can provide you with even toned and smooth skin. Read on for the 7 best reasons to use caffeine in your skincare routine...
- Fights Free Radicals: Free radicals are responsible for causing premature skin ageing. This results in the appearance of wrinkles, sun spots and loss of elasticity. The antioxidants contained in caffeine can attack these free radicals and eliminate them. This will improve the overall look of your skin.
- Soothes Inflammation: Caffeine possesses anti-inflammatory properties that make it effective in reducing inflammation and redness in your skin. It is often used as an ingredient in anti-inflammatory creams to enhance their effectiveness. Using caffeine in skincare products can reduce and prevent inflammation and redness and give you beautiful, even skin tone.
- Treatment of Under Eye Dark Circles: Under eye dark circles can be caused by various factors such as dehydration, allergies, lack of sleep or genetics. Caffeine cannot cure hereditary dark circles, however its anti-inflammatory properties make it beneficial in reducing puffiness and inflammation associated with dark circles. Caffeine also reduces the accumulation of blood under your eyes which contributes to dark shadows.
- Reduces Cellulite: Caffeine present in skin care products such as our scrubs and body butters can dehydrate fatty cells. This results in the water disappearing from the surface of your skin. This minimizes the appearance of cellulite, thus providing you with a smoother skin. Research at the University of Sao Paulo has proven that the application of skin cream containing caffeine reduced the size of cellulite fat cells by 17%. Woop!
- Treatment of Rosaceae: Caffeine constricts blood vessels to reduce redness. This makes it an ideal treatment for facial flushing and rosaceae. When applied topically, caffeine works as a diuretic, aids in circulation and is also a powerful antioxidant. Thus, it has the ability to calm irritated and reddened skin caused by sun damage and rosaceae.
- Repairs UV Damage: Studies have indicated that caffeine may also repair the skin damage caused by exposure to UV rays. It is considered a stronger antioxidant than the polyphenols contained in green tea. In fact, it is among the best and strongest antioxidants to combat UV damage.
- Tightens Skin: Another added benefit of caffeine is that its topical use can tighten fine lines and smooth puffy skin. Caffeine used in creams is absorbed by your skin to firm and tighten its appearance.
Use the code CAFFEINEBLISS at the checkout before 31st Jan 2016 to receive a lip balm for FREE with your next purchase of silky smooth whipped Body Butter. Happy shopping x