or 6 weekly payments from $2.67 learn more
Honest Skincare's citric acid is food grade and organic.
Citric Acid has a multitude of uses such as a food enhancer and preservative, cosmetic use, cleaning and washing.
- Food Enhancer & Preservative
- Bath bombs
- Cosmetic formulations
- Improved Cleaning
- As a clothes softener - Citric Acid can be added to the laundry rinse in place of a commercial water softener
- Bathroom & Kitchen - A solution of 10 parts water to 1 part Citric Acid to clean and disinfect the bathroom vanity, basin, shower recess and toilet
- Windows - to clean dirty windows blend a tablespoon of Citric Acid with a litre of water and use to spray and wipe
- As a de-scaler - make a stronger solution to de-scale washing machines, dishwashers and other problem appliances
In skincare, Citric Acid acts primarily as an exfoliant and an antioxidant. It is an AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) and can be used in exfoliating formulations to help remove dead skin cells and dirt to reveal fresh, softer, smoother skin. AHAs are commonly used in cosmetic chemical peels and acne therapies for this reason. They can also reduce the appearance of scars, spots, and other pigmentation issues, thereby improving one's complexion. As a protective antioxidant, Citric Acid protects the skin against the effects of free radical damage and also contributes to the toning and firming of the skin.
Citric Acid is often used in shampoo formulations to bring the pH levels down, which improves the hair's appearance and manageability by reducing frizz. It can also be used in rinses to help lift or fade colours out of the hair.
Citric Acid can also be used with sodium bicarbonate to make fizzy bath bombs.