Activated Charcoal Powder made from Organic Coconut Shells
or 6 weekly payments from $4.17 learn more
Honest Skincare's activated charcoal, also known as activated carbon, is created from organic coconut shells, then activated using a steam process. It is 100% pure, with no free flow agents or any other chemicals added.
Activated charcoal has an extremely high porous surface area, and is an excellent absorber of other substances, making it an effective detoxifying and cleansing agent.
Some uses for activated charcoal:
- Binds unwanted materials and gas in the digestive tract, and is often used on patients who have overdosed
- Activated charcoal may be able to assist kidney function by filtering out undigested toxins and drugs.
- Despite being pure black, activated carbon is an effective teeth whitener and can be added to toothpastes or used in home made toothpaste recipes
- Activated charcoal can help draw micro-particles, such as dirt, dust, chemicals, toxins, and bacteria, to the surface of the skin, to make removing them easier
- As an absorber of smells, it is a useful ingredient in deodorants and soaps
- Place in a material porous bag, and leave in your house to absorb unwanted odours - great for bathrooms and kitchens
- Works well on acne and blemished skin - either make a paste for your skin or add it to skincare products or soap.